Tuesday, November 12, 2013

#Fighting the urge

This is what I call a first world problem. I have been fighting the urge, for over 6 months now, to buy cap toed pumps. Now that the holidays are approaching and everyone is asking me what I am putting on my Christmas list, it's getting harder not to take the plunge and spoil myself. What I should be doing is saving money, helping the poor and studying, but thats no fun lol.

Granted this season is a time for giving not receiving, so I am not asking for anything from other people, but it doesn't mean that once finals are over I may not treat myself.

Why I've been fighting this urge you are thinking, becuase the area and profession I work in and will (fingers crossed) have a career in calls for the professional timeless look. The truth is I love it, I love the sophisticated chic look but that doesn't mean don't I like to break out of my comfort zone and go a little wild. Granted going a little wild for me is cap toed shoes but I am an adult, I don't have time or desire to go crazy and wear some crazy spiked shoe with a lions head on it. (I am pretty sure I saw a shoe on facebook that looked like my description, EWWW!). My co-workers were saying that I don't or shouldn't invest in trendy shoes, I normally don't listen to others regarding my style choices but since I am a student on a limited budget I need to act and purchase responsibly. (Oh how I hate responsibility)

So since I should be studying, of course I am actually looking at shoes. So I need your help, should I or shouldn't I? Here are my top picks!

Sam Edelman: I have a few pairs of his and love them all!! The Desiree pump is so beautiful, here are my two color options. The first is black and simple, barely notice its cap toed, perfect for the office:
 So chic I am in love!











The second option is more colorful and I say perfect for the holidays:

Awe don't you just love!










There is also this lovely Sole Society pump by Julianne Hough, the colors are office worthy with a little bit of a twist:












This next shoe's design just drives me crazy at how sexy it would look on my feet, French Connection definitely does this style justice:

I mean seriously, how could you not just fall in love with these lovelies!










Last but not least the always chic Michael Kors, I love how patent leather always makes a black pump look sexy and elegant.













So there you have it, what do you guys think? If only I was a millionaire and could have them all in my closet...oh first world problems!

I hope everyone isn't going crazy getting ready for the holiday season! Remember what the real reason for the season is!


No comments:

Post a Comment