Tuesday, January 7, 2014

#pretty new year

In all honestly, I did not fully appreciate the commitment and time hosting a blog would and does require. Being a student and having an internship is really impeding on my blogging. However, I want to try to blog at least once a week, to get my fashion and beauty fix.

Here is my latest beauty ideas, opinions and reviews.

I have never really been a lipstick wearing gal. Do not get me wrong, I love it on other people but I always thought that I looked horrible. I am fair skinned with dark hair so every time I tried a wonderful dark shade I thought a horrible gypsy queen was starring at me in the mirror. I am always so jealous of the beautiful ladies that can wear pretty pinks and reds and look flawless. In addition, lipstick apparently is a guy's biggest fan. To be honest, what guy really wants to run the risk of getting lipstick on themselves everything they go in to kiss their significant other?

However, this year I want to change this. I want to love wearing color and find lipsticks that will not completely offend an guy I ever kiss (even if that is only a slight possibility).

I have done some research and experimenting and fell in love with a few colors.
Disclaimer, these colors work well for me and my skin tone, different skin tones and hair colors will compliment other shades. So tell me what you think!

So the first two are IT Cosmetics by Jaime Kern the Vitality Lip Flush. My mother discovered this brand and I am absolutely in love with: Pretty Women and Pure Joy. They are long lasting, feel like on the lips and look fabulous.

I am also a big fan of YSL Rouge, especially 12 Coril Fauve, however, it tastes kind of funny and the fella hates it. Complains that it's sticky and again tastes funny. So although I love the gloss and color it has its cons.

Lastly, FRESH! now there is nothing to complain about this company and their tinted lip treatment. I am currently obsessed with Sugar Honey Tinted Lip Treatment, perfect for any gal.

My last beauty opinion of the night is regarding the glow skin effect that all those pretty bloggers and models have. I always feel like the camera is every nice to my skin. I pride myself in having soft clear skin but sometimes it is hard to make it having the glow effect when someone snaps a picture. I went out on a search for a solution to that problem and let me tell you I FOUND IT!!! I went to Macy's benefit bar and checked out High Beam, Benefit's luminescent complexion enhancer, giving my cheeks a dewy and radiant glow! I love my skin with it on and I feel oh so very pretty (which is the most important part!).

I hope this helps someone. Until next time, stay gorgeous and warm!




No comments:

Post a Comment