Sunday, January 19, 2014

#tights: sheer and classy

The other day I was wearing tights (the few chilly days this winter in California) and had another girl negatively comment on them. Her reaction was that only old ladies wear tights or stockings. Well I am here to say what a load of B.S!
Thanks to the princess they are making a strong comeback and I think no matter the age look and make you feel fabulous.

Here are the few benefits:
1. Warmth:
If for nothing else, when it's chilly outside and you still want to wear a dress, tights are the best way to keep you legs warm. You do not have to expose people to your dry, white goosebumpy legs, which is not attractive especially if you are rocking a fabulous dress and pair of shoes.

2. Sculpting
No matter your age or body type, you will always need some sculpting help. Tights are the perfect assistant with that by sculpting you legs and tummy. I am a big fan of the control top tights and although that sounds unattractive, trust me they help smooth out unnecessary lines and lumps, making you look and feel confident and sexy.

3. Professional
Tights make you look professional. There is no need to bare you legs for the whole world to see all the time ladies. I am a big advocate for modesty and I when a professional setting tights are a must. Now I am not saying you need to wear them all the time, but when your skirt is right at your knee or above it and you seemed worried, a pair of tights will help make that skirt look for appropriate.

4. Tone evener
I tend to be clutsy, which as a result means I have a few scares on my legs, the perfect pair of tights, sheer or black, not only helps hide them but gives my legs an even skin tone. So no one ever has to know that I tripped over my own legs while walking up the stairs the night before.

5. Royalty
Not to bring more attention to Duchess Kate, but she definitely made tights modern, classy, and youthful again. She is the epitome of class and sophistication. I know we cannot all have her wardrobe but her sense of fashion and style is worth imitating.

Now that I bored you with my rant about my love for tights, I will share with you my favorite brands:
Calvin Klein: I have a pair and cannot express how much I love them! PLUS they are control top. My advice buy a pair in every color.
Nordstrom: You can never go wrong with the Nordstrom brand, and their French cut makes all legs supermodel beautiful!
Finally, lets not forget SPANX, If you want some added comfort and sculpting, then you want to stock up on the SPANX brand stocking. They look and making you feel great.

I've worn and own at least a pair from each brand. Plus I stock up from Nordstrom Rack since as I mentioned earlier, I am clutsy and clumsy, I go through pairs fairly quickly.

Hope everyone stays warm and classy.

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Tights really are a lifesaver, especially in the winter!!

    Hope you enter my L'Occitane giveaway : http://withlovefromkat.com/fall-beauty-must-haves-with-loccitane-divine-body-oil-cream-collection/

    xo Kat

    ReplyDelete